Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Back to Life, Back to Reality...

I was on vacation this week in Colorado. Man, it was beautiful. Initially we decided to go there for a concert that was happening at the ever-popular and truly magical venue that is Red Rocks. If you have never heard of Brandi Carlile, do yourself a favor and listen to the snippets of her music here. The idea that SHE would be playing THERE was too good to pass up
This is my panoramic view from my seat right before her set. Tell me that doesn't make you go "ohhhhhhh!"

So, combine that venue and that artist and we were signed up with a quickness. We also got the opportunity to head to the small ski town of Breckenridge, which is super adorable and I can only imagine how crazy it is when there is actually snow on the ground. We hiked, we ate, we hung with friends...the only thing we didn't do was indulge in the *AHEM* dispensary goodies...though the shops were conveniently located every couple blocks!

While we were in Breck I bought these...
(These are SERIOUS contenders for FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL socks. Usually I wear my pencil socks, but these are adorbs!)

...and put this on my birthday wishlist...
(Who doesn't needs a new Very Bradley bag in their lives?)

UGH! It was hard to come home...but I was a little excited too. Coming home meant it was time for our 5th Grade Summer Summit. Each year my principal invites the teachers of each grade level to a meeting with her to discuss the scores from our state testing the year before, introduce changes that have been made over the summer, and ask if we have any suggestions or questions before we begin the year. The meeting was ultimately pretty uneventful, but I always enjoy it because it gets me back in the swing of collaboration! (*NERD ALERT!*)

Being the afore-mentioned nerd that I am, I of course, spent the hours of the day NOT in the Summit in my classroom. I lost hours again, guys. I was in there a long time, but if you asked me what I got done I wouldn't have a clue. I mean...I know I did tons of stuff, and I certainly never had a moment at rest, but I couldn't give you a list of my accomplishments if I tried. I just get so absorbed in what I'm doing!

I can tell I'm getting close to the end of my list of Things To Do though because I've started creating piles of papers for my first week (which is still three weeks away!). I always do copies last. I've found myself struggling this year though, because I have so many amazing resources and I just want to be able to use them all! How will I fit them all in?!

What's crazy is that I'll be purchasing even more resources tomorrow at the follow-up TPT sale! My entire store (and everyone else's) will be on sale. Check it out by clicking on the TPT window in the right margin or clicking HERE.

With that, I'll leave you with a view from the top of one of the mountains in Colorado.

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment