Wednesday, August 5, 2015

WARNING: The Back-2-School TPT Sale is Dangerous!

First blog post ever, and boy, it's gonna be a doozy!

I don't know about you folks, but I like to spend money like it's going out of style WATER when there is a sale going on at Teachers Pay Teachers! There are too many products for too many uses by too many exceptionally talented educators. Good Lawd, SAVE ME from all the damage I can do...to my paycheck that is.

I scored some amazing goodies this past weekend. Here are a few that I picked up... 1) Comp. Files (Aug/Sept) from Ms. Leslie Ann over at Life in Fifth Grade


This product is going to help me take my morning remediation stations to the next level! I've decided to set them up similar to her suggestion using a file folder, but I'm going to laminate and hole punch the tops of the folders twice so that I can insert binder rings. Then I'll print all of them out, mix them up and stick them inside the folder, looped into the binder rings. During remediation, the students who are at the Comp. Files station can work through them at their own pace for the whole month of September. Then **HOPEFULLY**, by October, I'll be able to pick up a new set from Ms. Leslie Ann and start the process over again!

2) Math Sorts (4th and 5th Grade) from Jennifer Findley at Teaching to Inspire in 5th



These two sets are going to help me make my interactive notebooks that much more interactive. I couldn't decide between the two sets because there was so much to offer, so I just got both!!

 3) Practice and Assess for Poetry and Grammar by I'm Lovin' Lit


I have already purchased ALL of her Interactive Notebooks and a couple of her other Practice and Assess pieces, so I thought it was high time I gather the rest of the collection. Seriously, I use her notebook pages for almost EVERYTHING I do in my reading and writing blocks. They are creative and spot on with the skills I teach. Even if they weren't, she gives you the templates to make changes if you need to!
___________________________

When I say that's not even half the stuff I bought, I'm not kidding. Insert "KID-IN-A-CANDY SHOP metaphor here.

I am one of the few who haven't gone back to school yet. Believe it or not, I can't even get back into my classroom until next Monday!!! I can't help that tourism is a large industry in the region where I live. Schools don't re-open until after Labor Day for that exact reason. Some might consider me lucky, but those of you who are already back, just remember, you'll be done several weeks before I am.

If you are already back in school, I' hope it's been a great first (or second) week and that you see incredible potential in the little minds in front you.

Happy Hump Day!
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment